I love you

I thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new. 
I thought about you yesterday, and the day before that too.
I think of you in silence, I often say your name.
But all I have is memories and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is my keepsake, with which I'll never part.
God has you in his keeping, I have you in my heart.
I shed tears for what might have been, a million times I've cried.
If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly, in death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place no one could ever fill.
It broke my heart to lose you, but you didn't go alone.
For part of me went with you, the day god took you home.


2 kommentarer:

  1. Älskling...vilken otroligt fin dikt.
    Det värker i hjärtat...
    han kommer alltid finnas där.

    Puss

    SvaraRadera
  2. Vilken vacker och hjärtkramande dikt Emma.
    Jag kan inte föreställa mig hur det måste kännas att förlora en förälder..
    Men som det också antyds i texten, så kommer ni säkert att träffas igen. På andra sidan.
    All kärlek till dig. ♥

    SvaraRadera